Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Psionic, Xeph)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (+1 Dex, +3 studded leather, +1 light shield), touch 11, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+1
Attack: Rapier +2 melee (1d6/18–20) or longbow +2 ranged (1d8/x3)
Full Attack: Rapier +2 melee (1d6/18–20) or longbow +2 ranged (1d8/x3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Burst, darkvision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +1, Will –1
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +2, Jump +2
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Environment: Warm forest
Organization: Team (2–4), squad (11–20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or band (30–100 plus 150% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level captains)
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +0
Xephs speak their own language and Common.
Burst (Su): Three times per day, a xeph can increase his or her speed by 10 feet, plus 10 feet per four character levels beyond 1st, to a maximum increase of 30 feet at 9th character level and higher. These bursts of speed are considered a competence bonus to the xeph’s base speed. A burst of speed lasts 3 rounds.
The xeph warrior presented here had the following ability scores before racial adjustments: Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int
10, Wis 9, Cha 8.
Xephs as Characters
Xeph characters possess the following racial traits.
- –2 Strength, +2 Dexterity.
- Medium size.
- Xeph base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Naturally Psionic: Xephs gain 1 bonus power point at 1st level.
- +1 racial bonus on saving throws against powers, spells, and spell-like effects.
- Special Qualities (see above): Burst.
- Racial Feats: A xeph character gains feats according to his or her character class.
- Automatic Languages: Xeph, Common.
- Favored Class: Soulknife.
- Level Adjustment: +0.