The mortal devotees of godminds, spirituels are of a cross between a cleric and a psion, although they do not gain divine spellcasting. A spirituel channels the power of his godmind in exchange for furthering the will of his patron.
To qualify to become a spirituel, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Feats: Servant of the Mind
Skills: Knowledge (psionics) 6 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 8 ranks
Manifesting: Ability to manifest precognition
Special: Venerate a godmind OR The character must have found a psionic codex detailing the nature and powers of the specific psionic godmind worshipped (this falls to the DM to arrange as he sees fit).
GEAME RULE INFORMATION
Hit Die: d6
The spirituel’s class skills are Concentration, Craft (any), Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge (psionics), Knowledge (religion), Profession, and Psicraft. Skill Points per level: 2 + Int modifier
All of the following are class features of the spirituel.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Spirituels gain no additional proficiency in any weapon or armor.
Powers Known: At every level indicated on the table for the prestige class, the character gains new power points per day and access to discovered powers as if she had also gained a level in the psionic class she belonged to before adding the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (such as bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, mode check bonuses, hit points beyond those she receives from the prestige class, and so on). The character does gain an increased effective level of psionic manifestation and additional power points. If a character had more than one psionic class before becoming a member of this prestige class, she must decide to which class she adds the new level for purposes of determining effective manifester level. For example, a 10th-level psion/3rd-level spirituel has a character level of 13th and a manifester level of 12th. So the character manifests powers with level-dependent parameters as if she were 12th level.
Psionic Node (Ex): Choose a psionic godmind for the spirituel. The spirituel’s psionic godmind influences her alignment, what psionics she can perform (from this point forward), her values, and how others see her. A psionic godmind has nodes in a manner similar to a standard god’s domains, though nodes are not domains. Choose two from among the godmind’s psionic nodes to serve as your spirituel’s nodes.
Each psionic node gives the spirituel knowledge of a node power at every power level, from 1st on up, as well as a granted power. (For instance, an 8th level effective manifester would know node powers of 1st through 4th level.) The spirituel gains the granted powers of both selected psionic nodes (psionic nodes have similar, but not identical, granted powers to standard divine domains of the same name). With extra knowledge of two node powers at a given power level, the character’s total knowledge of discovered psionic powers increases by two at each additional level—knowledge of one extra power for each of the two nodes.
Channel Energy (Su): Starting at 4th level, the spirituel gains the power to channel the psionic might of her godmind a number of times per day equal to three plus her Wisdom, Charisma, or Intelligence modifier (whichever is more beneficial—once the choice is made, the spirituel cannot switch to another ability score). The spirituel can use this power in a variety of ways. All uses of channel energy to boost another quality (see below) are swift actions.
- Boost Mode Check: Each time the spirituel channels energy to boost a mode check, she gains a +4 insight bonus on her mindscape opposed mode check roll.
- Boost Power: Each time the spirituel channels energy to boost a power, she gains a +2 insight bonus to set the power’s Difficulty Class (if any).
- Boost Grace: Each time the spirituel channels energy to boost grace, she gains a +2 insight bonus on her Will saving throw. The spirituel can channel energy as an immediate action.
- Boost Fury: Each time the spirituel channels energy to boost fury, she adds +1d6 points of damage to any power that deals damage dice. The extra damage is treated as holy damage. A single power can be augmented by more than a single usage of channel energy.
- Boost Reserve: Each time the spirituel channels energy to boost her reserve, she gains 1d4+1 power points that she must use toward the cost of a psionic power. Any points not used are lost. The spirituel can channel energy to boost her reserve as a swift action.
- Awe: The spirituel can apply up to three uses of her daily channel energy ability in an attempt to awe specified targets. The spirituel uses a standard action to fill herself with the glory of her psionic godmind, seeking to put the fear of her godmind into her chosen targets (she can affect all specified targets who view her within a 30-foot radius) who fail a Will saving throw (DC = 10 + effective manifester level). Affected creatures stand dazed, as the condition. This tableau holds until the spirituel ends the effect, 10 minutes pass, or the awed creatures are attacked.
- Psionic Symbol: The spirituel can apply up to four uses of her daily channel energy ability to create a psionic symbol. Each time the spirituel channels energy to invoke a psionic symbol, she inscribes her godmind’s symbol upon any surface (even stone or metal) without harm to it. The symbol can be no more than 6 inches in diameter. The symbol can be visible or invisible. If she makes an invisible symbol, speaking the godmind’s name in the vicinity causes it to glow and become visible (as does a detect psionics power and other effects that allow the viewing of invisible things). The symbol cannot be negated or dispelled, except by the spirituel (who can do so as a swift action). If inscribed on a living being, normal wear gradually causes the symbol to fade in about a month. If inscribed upon an inanimate, immobile object or surface, the psionic symbol consecrates the area (up to a 50- foot radius centered on the symbol) to the character’s psionic godmind. It grants a psionic effect upon specified creatures that enter the area, but only while they remain in the area. The psionic symbol lasts for one day and functions throughout the entire radius, regardless of the normal duration and area or effect. The spirituel can designate whether the effect applies to all creatures, creatures who share her faith or alignment, psionic creatures, non-psionic creatures, creatures who adhere to another faith or alignment, or potentially some other general grouping. The effect is either benign (all specified creatures gain a morale bonus of +4 on their attack rolls and a morale bonus of +4 on saving throws against fear effects) or baneful (all specified creatures gain a morale penalty of –4 on their attack rolls and a morale penalty of –4 on saving throws against fear effects).
Minor Psionic Avatar (Su): From 10th level forward, once per day the spirituel can open a wider mental channel to her psionic godmind and become a minor avatar to the godmind’s purpose. The spirituel can maintain the channel for up to one hour. While a minor psionic avatar, the spirituel gains the benefits of mindful aura. More
importantly, she can freely manifest any psionic node power she knows, but she cannot use more than three free manifestations during the hour. Finally, if she would otherwise be killed while acting as a psionic avatar, she instead receives the effects of the defer fatality power.