Level: Formbound Spiritist 3, Shaper 3
Display: Ma, Vi
Manifesting Time: 1 round or 1 swift action (see text)
Target: One astral construct, created by you, of your size or larger
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: None (harmless)
Power Resistance: No (harmless)
Power Points: 5
By touching an astral construct you create, you may merge with it, gaining protection and improved physical abilities. You move into the construct’s space as part of manifesting this power. The construct ceases to exist as an independent entity while this power lasts, but your new ectoskeleton provides you with the following benefits:
- Use the construct’s size (including all modifiers to attack rolls and AC, space, and reach) instead of your own. You gain an enhancement bonus to your Strength score equal to the construct’s Strength modifier.
- You gain the construct’s natural weaponry, which you may use as normal for natural attacks. You are considered armed when attacking without a weapon, and your unarmed strikes deal the same base damage as your slam attack.
- You gain an Armor bonus to AC equal to the construct’s natural armor, and any base damage reduction the construct had is now yours. This armor has an armor check penalty equal to the construct’s level, a 5% chance of arcane spell failure per level of the construct, and a maximum dexterity bonus of the construct’s Dexterity modifier. You are proficient with your ectoskeleton, but are treated as wearing heavy armor for purposes such as encumberance and interference with class features.
- You may make free use of the construct’s base speed, low-light vision, and darkvision as if they were your own, although any menu options it had are disabled. Physical changes in the construct (such as the wings from the Fly option) remain, but are inert.
- You gain temporary hit points equal to one-half the construct’s remaining hit points. This power ends prematurely if these hit points run out or if you fail your Will save against dismiss ectoplasm. As always, temporary hit points from different sources do not stack.
This power can be manifested as a swift action in the same round that you manifest astral construct, affecting the construct as you shape it, as long as the total power points you spend to perform both actions does not exceed your manifester level and the construct appears in a square adjacent to you. If the construct’s duration would allow it to exist past the duration of ectoskeleton, it reappears adjacent to you when this power ends, with a number of hit points equal to the temporary hit points you had remaining from this power when it ended.
- If you spend 2 additional power points, the construct’s menu options are not disabled, and you may make free use of them as if you were the construct. If the menu options would grant you a Swim speed, you do not apply your armor check penalty from ectoskeleton to Swim checks for the duration.