Size/Type: Small Monstrous Humanoid (Psionic)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 18 (+1 size, +3 natural armor, +3 studded leather, +1 light shield), touch 11, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
Attack: Longsword +3 melee (1d6/19-20) or light crossbow +2 ranged (1d6/19-20)
Full Attack: Longsword +3 melee (1d6/19-20) or light crossbow +2 ranged (1d6/19-20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Psi-like abilities
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., resistance to fire 5, scent
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +0, Will -2
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 7, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +2, Spot +4
Feats: Weapon Focus (longsword), Blind-Fight
Organization: Squad (2-4), company (11-20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level), or band (30-100 plus 100% noncombatants plus 1 3rdlevel sergeant per 20 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, 3 7th-level captains, 6-10 giant beetles, and 2-5 riding giant beetles)
Challenge Rating: ½
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1
Dromites stand about 3 feet tall and usually weigh slightly more than 30 pounds. They have iridescent compound eyes. Dromites wear heavy boots and light clothing, and are sometimes content with just a sturdy harness.
Dromites speak Common.
Most dromites encountered outside their homes are warriors; the information in the statistics block is for a warrior of 1st level.
Psi-Like Abilities: 1/day: energy ray (fire, 1d6+1). Manifester level 1st. The save DC is Charisma-based. (Other dromites may manifest electricity, cold, or sonic energy rays instead; the energy ray always matches the type of energy the dromite is resistant to.)
The dromite warrior presented here had the following ability scores before racial adjustments Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8.
DROMITES AS CHARACTERS:
Dromite characters possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Charisma, -2 Strength, -2 Wisdom.
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ of those of Medium characters.
- Dromite base land speed is 20 feet.
- +3 natural armor bonus.
- Naturally Psionic: Dromites gain 1 bonus power point at 1st level.
- Special Attacks (see above): Psi-like abilities.
- Special Qualities (see above): Resistance to fire 5 (other dromites may have resistance to cold, electricity, or sonics instead of fire), scent.
- Racial Skills: Dromites have a +2 racial bonus on Spot checks due to their compound eyes.
- Racial Feats: Dromites gain Blind-Fight as a bonus feat.
- Automatic Languages: Common.
- Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Terran.
- Favored Class: Wilder.
- Level Adjustment: +1