Telepathy (Charm) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Formbound Surger 1, Ranger 1
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: Animals within 30 ft. of each other
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 1
This power sends telepathic messages in addition to the auditory display in order to alter the attitudes of nearby animals, encouraging them to become docile and harmless. Without augmentation, only animals with Intelligence scores of 1 or 2 can be affected by this power. All the targets must be of the same kind of animal unless you augment the power, and no two targets may be more than 30 feet apart. The maximum number of Hit Dice of animals you can affect is equal to 2d4 + manifester level. A dire animal or an animal trained to attack or guard is allowed a saving throw; other animals are not. Successfully affected animals remain where they are and do not attack or flee. They are not helpless and defend themselves normally if attacked. Any threat breaks the spell on the threatened creatures.
Augment: This power may be augmented in one or more of the following ways.
- If you spend 2 additional power points this power can affect intelligent animals, magical/psionic animals, and phrenic animals. However, any target with an intelligence of 3 or greater is allowed a save to negate this affect.
- If you spend 2 additional power points this power’s duration becomes 10min./level.
- If you spend 2 additional power points this power affects an additional 1d4 Hit Dice of animals.
- If you spend 4 additional power points this power can affect another type of animal within the same range
- Every 2 power points spent to augment this power increases the save DC by 1.